Welcome to timeXchange Waimakariri
timeXchange Waimakariri was first introduced to the District in 2012. As a concept, it builds wealth in the forms of friendship, caring for one another, having our needs met from within our community and getting help with the things we can't do.
We believe that everybody likes to feel connected, but in our busy-ness, we have forgotten how to make that happen. timeXchange Waimakariri has been established to help neighbours and communities re-connect by simply sharing time and skills. It is an old-fashioned principle that most people believe in, but somewhere along the line the 'how-to' got lost. We want to provide a vehicle for re-establishing those connections throughout the Waimakariri District and we are excited to have you a part of it.
Time banking is a way of trading skills in the community. It uses time, rather than money, as the measurement tool. Members of timeXchange Waimakariri share their skills with other members within the community and are given time credits for the work they do. With the credits they gain, each member can 'buy' someone else's time and get the service they need.
If you are an individual, family, group, organisation or business you can join. Contact the volunteer co-ordinator, Kate Powell, on 027 229 5026, or email email@example.com to find out how we can get you started or alternatively, follow the instructions below. "Watch this space" for some exciting new developments and community initiatives coming soon......Kate is very happy to make a time to meet with you, wherever you are, in the Waimakariri District.
Getting Started with our TimeBank:
- Create a login and fill out your member profile.
- Post some skills and talents you have to offer other members.
- Post some requests for skills or talents that other members can provide for you.
Ongoing Use of the TimeBank:
- Don't hesitate to respond to an offer or request. This is exactly how new sharing and relationships are built which strengthen our community.
- Please respond in a timely manner to calls or emails you receive from your neighbors about the requests of offers you've posted.
- After you've communicating with a neighbor and determining a service exchange is appropriate, make specific arrangements how to coordinate the exchange.
- Fulfill the exchange and save a record of it in your hours account.
- Come back and review offers and requests from other members
Do this again and again to help keep our community alive and flourishing.